The Start Of Something New - Moving Abroad.

I've done it again.
I've packed my bags once again and moved to another country.
And this time it's for real.

Those of you who know me know that I spent half a year living in Los Angeles and half a year living in Atlanta. And now I moved to the U.K.! Cause now I'm still able to live and work here without applying for a visa.

Anyway, I got accepted at the NFTS in London (okay, not London directly, but I doubt any of you have heard of Beaconsfield before) and am now doing a 13-month diploma course in Assistant Directing!!!!! Still can't quite believe it myself, but for whatever reason I got accepted at one of the most prestigious film schools in the world. So, for the next 13 months I'll be living in the U.K., and if all goes well I'd like to stay for a wee bit longer (please don't kick me out.)

I packed all my stuff from my old flat, left 90% at my dad's and flew over with only one suitcase full of clothes. It's like I'm living a minimalistic lifestyle now, all of those things I've accumulated over the last 5 years are still in Germany. Stuff like my mug collection (and yes, by now it grew into an actual collection), my books (I didn't bring a single book with me) or my DVDs are in my old room, sitting there and waiting to be used. TBH I miss having all my stuff, but it's not a necessity. You don't need 10 mugs when you only ever use one at a time. And I am constantly buying new books, so having none is the best excuse to go and buy some new ones.

I miss my old flat, I miss my friends and family, I miss my cat, I miss living in the city.

But I love going to the NFTS, I love our group of hardworking ADs, I love being able to see new movies each week, I love going to Masterclasses and meeting creative and inspiring people, and I love Friday night drinks at the school bar (yes, we do have our own bar.)

I gave up a lot to be able to do this, but I am gaining so much that it was well worth it.
I hope.

It's been a little over a week and I'm mostly settled in, there is some stuff I still need to buy and some things I have to organize. But with being at school at least 10h each day and working late hours in preparation for the next day, it already feels like I'm working rather than going to school. Which is perfect, cause I didn't want to go back to "school" in a traditional sense.

Anyway, Beaconsfield is about as posh as it gets, and it looks like a town out of the 1930s.
Coming from an industrial city in Germany, this feels like the other end of the scale. Doesn't feel quite real.

So yeah, this is just a little update to let y'all know that I'm still alive. I won't be having much of a life for the next 13 months, but I'll try and keep you updated at least once in a while.

I hope that y'all are doing great wherever you are and whatever your plans are for the future. Don't let anybody tell you that your dreams are just that, dreams.
Work hard and prove them wrong.

"You can't live your life for other people. You've got to do what's right for you, even if it hurts some people you love."




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate Chip Cookies - Easy Recipe

Why Can't We Just Be Happy For One Another?

Harry Styles Isn't Your Boyfriend