Assistant Directing and Wedding Planning

Hey y'all!

Did you miss me? No? Okay, cool.

Anyways, I just wanted to let y'all know that I am still alive (barely) and that I had the best, the craziest, and the most stressful three weeks.

First, we shot three other short films, one in Oxford and London and two around Beaconsfield.

I had 20h workdays and sleepless nights with problems that needed solving in the last minute. I slept at our producer's mom's house (hope I did those apostrophes right) and worked from a kitchen floor. I ran after an SA that decided to grab some lunch without telling me and I tried keeping the mother of our child actress happy. I stood outside in the rain for two days and I stood in for the actors during lighting set ups. I learned about 100 new names during the last four weeks and forgot about 50 of them already. (sorry)


And then, to top it all off, I flew home for the weekend to go to my best friend's wedding. I visited my family, did some business with my bank, did some shopping, and visited my cat. I woke up at 4am and went to bed at 4am. I got about 3h of sleep in total and went straight back to school Monday morning. But it was the most wonderful wedding and I had the best of times. Seeing everyone, catching up with everyone, celebrating (with) people you love, singing along to your favorite tunes, and dancing until the sun comes up. It couldn't have been more perfect. My favorite moment: all of us standing arm in arm in a circle, singing along to "I See Fire" (nerdy as we are), knowing that this was a very special night, and at the same time not knowing where and when we will all be in the same place again.


Now I'm off to work in live TV for the next couple of weeks, and I'm looking forward to screwing things up for everyone to see. We had a week of classroom lessons and it took a while to get used to this much slower pace. I kinda miss having those crazy on set work days.

On another note, my brother's coming to London next weekend, so y'all better hide. (just kidding, he's actually quite all right)

And yeah, that's all I can think of at the moment. There's been some stuff going on back home, maybe I'll tell you about it one day, maybe I won't.

Either way, I hope y'all are enjoying these lovely autumn days filled with Pumpkin Spiced Everything and the new season of Stranger Things (no spoilers! I haven't seen it yet...)

Yours truly.

"To these memories I will hold." - Billy Boyd

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate Chip Cookies - Easy Recipe

Why Can't We Just Be Happy For One Another?

20 Perks of Being Short