home.

Home is where the heart is.
Home is where the Wi-Fi connects itself.
Home is where Siri still thinks I live.

I’ve been away from home now for 6 months.
I’ve never been away from home for more than 6 months.

Over Christmas I spent some days at my dad’s house, and I thought what the heck am I doing moving so far away that I have to get on a plane every time I want to come home?
Over Christmas I spent some days at my old flat, and I thought what the heck am I doing leaving friends, family and my cat behind?

Coming back to the UK after Christmas strangely felt like a relief.
All the worries slowly faded away, and I got reminded of why I chose to move away.
Why I chose to leave my comfort zone, why I chose to leave everything behind.
Why I chose to move to a new country with only two suitcases.

I love the city I grew up in, and I won’t say that I’m never moving back.
But for the past two years I felt like I needed to get out of there.
I felt like if I don’t leave now, I might never leave.
I felt like if I don’t leave now, I might get stuck in a boring office job doing something I hate.
I felt like if I don’t leave now, I might suffocate.

I’m going home in about a week for a couple of days, and I cannot wait to see everybody.
I cannot wait to walk these streets again that still feel so familiar.
I cannot wait to go to my favorite cafes for brunch and have a cocktail at my favorite bar.
I cannot wait to go back in time and for three days, pretending that everything is still the same as it was 5 years ago. 
Back when I was still studying at uni, back when all my friends lived in the same city and life was easy.

I know that this is all a fantasy. 
People got new jobs and moved away, other people got married, and some people I don’t speak to any more.

Life goes on, nothing ever stays the same, no matter how much you want it.

So, do me a favor and embrace it.
Embrace the change.
Embrace the challenges.
Embrace the good and the bad.
Embrace that one day, it will all come to an end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate Chip Cookies - Easy Recipe

Why Can't We Just Be Happy For One Another?

Harry Styles Isn't Your Boyfriend